Monday, July 25, 2005

Sick Cat

Sick CatHow abject is slavery? How lonely and despoiled? How base the environment before a slave gains cognition? “Relativity…” whispers the White River, my hot blood stirs and calms. Slavery is a emotive description to indicate a region past the last point of tolerance of exploitation.

Einstein, in “Relativity”, defines a point as something occupying 4 dimensions of time-space. If I can define the point so specifically that the point no longer exists within the macro-physical world, but in the probabilistic micro-physical world, I could blur its existence such that by Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle I can acknowledge that I would never be able to accurately define all aspects of its physical location. And by Schrodinger’s cat, merely attempting to locate my exploitation tolerance point will affect the point itself. I can conclude that finding that point is futile, even damaging to my moral and psychological health. What comfort science brings to us!

Since now that I have convinced myself the only way to escape slavery is to attempt to define my point of tolerance accurately, thereby “fuzzying” the actual definition. Case in point: legal documents. Wow. And I came up with that all by myself! A scientific explanation of law.

You know how when Native American Indians consult their ancestral spirits at trying times? My Chinese blood will boil and sear words to my aural brain cortex and I will hear words like “老虎不发威,你当我是病猫啊!” (translated “tiger (as me) don’t roar, you treat me as a sick cat”) Hot words that hiss at a cold winter night, only gives a fuzzy warm feeling now to me.

I guess my lament in all this is that I am recycling this exploitation. By being exploited in this case, I am aiding in the exploitation of my fellow Singaporeans. My ancient past cries to me the 七步诗 (7 step poem)
煮豆燃豆萁,漉豉以为汁。
萁在釜下燃,豆在釜中泣。
本是同根生,相煎何太急。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home